QuickBooks Error 404 is a normal issue that causes numerous problems in the software. There are numerous reasons for the occurrence of this error. Normally in the QB Desktop app, error code 404 happens when the software isn’t introduced properly or something gets corrupted in the QuickBooks database. This error message with the code appears on the workstation screen. While performing important tasks on the QB software, if an Error 404 Cannot Open Page occurs, we recommend users to follow the precise steps mentioned in this article.
If you need help from our QuickBooks Experts, feel free to call us anytime at our toll-free number +1(800) 314-0226 and get the best assistance to eliminate Page Not Found Error 404.
Steps to Rectify QuickBooks Error Code 404You may face this Error 404 while selecting ProAdvisors, opening Sync, installing, accessing invoices, or updating QuickBooks. We have provided effective solutions to rectify Update error 404 in QuickBooks.
Fix 1: Test the Bandwidth Latency:
- Open any of the frequently accessed websites in the Internet Explorer web browser.
- If you feel any lag while opening a URL, refresh the settings and try to open it again.
- If you still face a message “Page Can’t be displayed/Connect to the Internet,” turn off and on your internet connection router or the internet switch, then opening the URL once again.
- In some cases, the URL still doesn’t open on your screen, contact your Internet service provider before moving to the next step.
- Reboot the computer and try again.
- Also, set the IE web browser as the default browser.
- Perform the task in QBwhere the QuickBooks Error Message 404 has occurred to check if the issue is fixed.
Fix 2: Add QB as a trusted site in your internet settings:
- Open Windows Internet Explorer >> select Internet Options from the Tools window.
- Next, click on Security Tab and go to the Trusted Sites and click on Sites.
- Add in the list *.intuit.com and *.quickbooks.com as your trusted sites.
- Click Close and then OK.
- After that, log off from your company file and exit from QuickBooks.
- Again open QB and open the company file.
- Perform the job where you encountered Error 404 to check the error status.
Fix 3: Reconfigure the System Settings – Optimum QuickBooks Performance
- Log off from the company file and then close the QuickBooks.
- Update your OS if there and restart the computer.
- Next, open up Internet Explorer then Tools Menu, and then select Internet Options here.
- Click on Advanced Tab >> Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Verify the TLS 1.0 & TLS 1.2 both are checked. If they are not, mark them and click OK.
- Closeout all the programs from your pc.
- Press Windows + R simultaneously from your keyboard, write down MSConfig in the Search section, and hit Enter.
- On the configuration page, click on the General option.
- Here, you will need to select the Selective Startup over there and clicks OK.
- Shut down the pc and start it again for entering in the selective startup mode.
- Open QuickBooks. Then open company files.
- Perform the task in QB where you were facing QuickBooks Update Error 404.
The above-discussed steps are most suitable to resolve the daunting QuickBooks Error 404. Also, you can dial our QuickBooks Support Number when you become unable to resolve the error. Dial +1(800) 314-0226 to get step-by-step help until the problem is fixed.